Railway Paint and Colour Reference

Yes a lot of work but valuable for those attempting to achieve proper color. I'm workmen on a small railroad with less than 200 miles of track in the wilds of Alaska and Yukon where the reference are mostly in B&W photos.... Thank you for the reference! Best regards: Tom

Wow, lots of work went into making up those references
Yes a lot of work but valuable for those attempting to achieve proper color. I'm workmen on a small railroad with less than 200 miles of track in the wilds of Alaska and Yukon where the reference are mostly in B&W photos.... Thank you for the reference! Best regards: Tom
I came across it while trying to find out what the correct shade of red is for a modern SP diesel.

Paint formulations can be unexpected. I once went in to get a small pot of paint made up fro my Mom's Honda and had the codes etc. The paint guy said about the red paint, "you won't believe this but there isn't any red in this formula!"

TruColor still has an expansive list of RR and other paints. I love the faultless way these airbrush straight out of the bottle, though they also have a line of crushable paints.

Back