Railroad memorabilia for the train room

P&LE

Everyone,

Just wanted to share a pic of the latest piece of P&LE (the railroad I'm modeling) memorabilia that I've acquired for my train room..

It's an original stock certificate for 10 shares, from 1925. I love the artwork on it!!

I got it off eBay for less than $4 shipped.

It's going to be framed and hang on the wall over the layout. I also have a couple of P&LE timetables that I'll be displaying.

Anyone else have any prototype memorabilia that they'd care to share??

PLE

plestock.jpg

I've come across a couple websites with railcars & locos for sale...some of it for just around $15-20K + $3-5K for delivery. Not exactly memorabilia but would be cool to restore one to it's original, serviceable condition...rather than someone muddling it beyond recognition. But a shell, for a remodeled hang-out, would be cool, too.

Ebay is where I got my stock cert. Reasonable price. Very nice condition. It's been a while since I picked it up. Not sure what they are going for these days.

Tim

Yeah tons of em on there. Many years, variants and prices. I have no idea what makes em valuable (and the expensive ones Wes like 15 bucks) or not. I just wanted one old enough to be in my era, and picked from there.

Everyone,

Just wanted to share a pic of the latest piece of P&LE (the railroad I'm modeling) memorabilia that I've acquired for my train room..

It's an original stock certificate for 10 shares, from 1925. I love the artwork on it!!

I got it off eBay for less than $4 shipped.

It's going to be framed and hang on the wall over the layout. I also have a couple of P&LE timetables that I'll be displaying.

Anyone else have any prototype memorabilia that they'd care to share??

PLE

View attachment 45233

I was so struck by how nice your stock cert. looked I'm following suit. I'm getting one from EL and some of the RR's that have (had) a presence in my proposed layout's area: NYC, PENN, Erie, and Nickel Plate. I also found a cross buck RR sign that is still in situ but no where near any RR tracks (any longer). I wonder if they'd let me have it?

[Edit: My stock certs. arrived and I'm struck by the fact they were originally issued to major Wall St. brokerage firms: Cyrus J. Lawrence & Sons; Harris, Uphaw & Co.; Shearson, Hammil & Co.; Francis I DuPont & Co., which makes them all that more special to me.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Back