Railroad Logo help!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
After developing a Railroad name, for my model railroad (Cajon Lines Railway), now I need a logo!

I was thinking something along the lines of Santa Fe style, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'd prefer to have a logo on the "employee badges", welcome aboard package, operating procedures booklet, freight bill, ect...

I've always like the Trona logo. I don't know if you could work a Cajon pass theme in there somehow.

trona.logo.jpg

Josh, I like your second one better. I wonder if there's a way you could work an outline of Sullivan's Curve in there? Cajon's always been one of my favorite places so I'd be hard pressed to pick out a logo for the area.

I was trying to figure that out too, that was my first idea, to have the Curved tracks looping around the logo, that eventually became the outline for the track highlight...

Not sure how to draw the tracks...

I was thinking more of a going away shot, like it slowly tapers away from your view.

Thats tricky, a low light shot might be a good start with manipulating the rest out. Then again another good and quick free graphics tool is Sketchup. That will make the image fast and to your specs.

could you use this pic & lighten it as a background?

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, I dunno about the logos... they seem too busy, too much information. This is just my opinion as a professional graphic designer, with many logos under my belt. Try making it simpler.

Are you planning on making this a decal to put onto locomotives and rolling stock?

No, just on paperwork, ect. My railroad is prototype based so most of what is on it is prototypical. The logo is for the Operators pamphlet, ect...

Here's a quick sketch of my idea for the Cajon Lines Railway logo. Reminescent of the 1970's Santa Fe "new image" (including the color)

cajonlinesjpg.png

Notice the new slogan.

EDIT: I just looked at this photo, and the color is off. The "connecting the desert" slogan should be orange.

If you'd like a more professional looking version of this logo, PM me, and I'll work on a better one.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i got started in this hobby, i had the big idea to have a private feeder road that was also provider of trolley/commuter service for the 3 towns i was planning. upon sober reflection, i realized i better just start with a 4X8, so i shelfed the idea of the Network Connect RR (NCLX).
but here is the logo i designed:

NCLX-1.jpg

Thanks Miles. I tried another idea too, not the best though. Even minus the R it looks funny.

Back