Railfanning the CIOR

CIOR

Central Indiana & Ohio RR
A nice railfan tour of the CIOR.

Set back and we will follow a CIOR autoparts freight (CIOR 281) from Indianapolis to Richmond Indiana on its journey to Columbus Ohio.
The 281 is lead by a rare pair of GP38-2's in Rock Island paint.

#281 is out of Indianapolis and we catch it coming through the interlocking at CP-Gem
cp-gem.jpg

Struggling to keep ahead, we catch the 281 coming through the interlocking at CP-Riley just east of Greenfield, Indiana. From the looks of the signals so far, nothing seems to be coming west.
cp-riley1.jpg

A railfan dream, a neighborhood complaint as the 281 blasts through Charlottesville Indiana at 50mph.
charlottesville.jpg

The 281 running at track speed was able to get ahead of us, and we couldn't catch him again until Dunreith. Here we see the 281 pounding across the diamond. Looks like some rain ahead, hope not.
cp-dunreith.jpg

"Medium Clear at CP-Dublin, CIOR 281 Out" blasts over the scanner, as 281 glides through the turnout at CP-Dublin.
cp-dublin.jpg

The intermediate at Pennville shows approach there must be a train somewhere on #1
but we haven't heard a peep on the scanner yet.
pennville.jpg

The final shot of 281 comes at the interlocking at CP-Jax, just west of Centerville, Indiana. The 281 is making track speed and we could hear the horn of a distant CIOR #306 in the background!
cp-jax.jpg

Nice series of shots. Gotta love all those signals! They add so much to the photos!

Nice work.

Very nice, it`s given me the idea of buying an American loco.
Good shots expecially the second one.

Hello CIOR. I have been on your site a couple of times and may I say that you have an excellent layout. Keep up the good work!
-Chris

Well Done! CIOR, This post may seem repetitious but I feel in this case I should post my thoughts to this thread also.
This is a very enjoyable presentation, I like the titles explaining the action for the photos. The explanation adds realism, kind of like watching an action taking place at instances along the way on a rail fan trip. Nice to see working signals
7.gif

Cheers Willis

LONG LIVE THE ROCK!!!!!

Great thread and pics!! I too have three Rock GP38-2's, and LOVE the ROCK scheme!!!

Thanks for posting, and letting me follow a ROCK train, LOL.

"Ditto" to all the above replies! :D

I'm not from the midwest so I never got "attached" to the rock, but I always admired their paint schemes. Here's a shot of some CRI&P geeps I snapped on a friend's layout in Medina, Ohio in October 2005:

aev.jpg

Back