Questions on CV settings for Digitrax DH165AO for ditch light operation

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

I'm a new member and I've searched this forum for my answer but no luck. I installed ditch lights to an Athearn SD60 using micro LEDs. I have Digitrax DH 165AO decoder witch is a replacement board for the original. I hooked the LEDs to function 3 and 4. OK they came on but wouldn't blink after changing CVs 49,50,51,52,62 and 63 as instructed in the manual, so I sent Digitrax tech support a email... they quickly replied to hook the LEDs to F1 and F2 for those CVs to work. I did and nothing.... wouldn't even come on. I checked them and they weren't blown, so my question is: anyone know what I need to do differently? I used the table on page 43 of the decoder manual and I want basically what this table is showing you'll get. Ditch lights on in forward and blink when the horn is blown(F2), off in reverse, directional and Rule 17 for head lights. Also I thought F1 and F2 controlled the bell and horn..??.:confused:. Thanks for any help you can give.... Oh and also I blew the original headlight and rear light bulbs after changing to the decoder so i got a new 4 pack of Athearn genesis headlight bulbs for a SD70 and replaced them adding resistors. I wired them to the FOF+ and FOF terminals and FOR+ and FOR terminals well nothing. Somebody just explain to me in layman's terms what I need to do here. This engine is driving me nuts!!!:mad: Thanks again

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.