Question on Train info

cilydaniel

When i see online a train labeled, LIONEL #xxxx LEIGH VALLEY GP-9 DIESEL DUMMY .
What is meant by Dummy.

Dam i feel like such a Dummy for asking such a dumb question.

Also what is a good Train imitaion sound box/system that has the most realistic sounds for layout. O gauge of course.

Donny

So many qquestion so much to look into. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG:mad::eek:

Life is to precious to walk with a tail, So leave all your troubles behind and see yourself free of them. If someone ask you for help, offer them assistance instead.

A dummy locomotive is simply a locomotive without a motor. Basically its just like a freight car in a model railroad consist, but it has the appearance of a powered locomotive, so it looks like theres multiple locomotives pulling a train, when realistically only one is doing the work.

He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesnt ask a question is a fool forever, Confucious

-Matt

Btw, your allowed to post the road numbers for locomotives.

Dummy train uestion for dummy

Thanks, and here i though i was seeing multiple engines pulling 1 box car. LOL.

Still trying to pick up a nice Deisel engine, so i was lost by that phrase.
thanks

Your welcome sir

If your talking on the real railroads, seeing multiple locomotives spot one car, there are multuple situations that could be occuring
they might be switching a certain industry or it may be a local switch job, which could certainly be modeled.
It may be a power move (moving locomotives to a certain yard or terminal for use, and just putting them in a consist), that happens to have a few cars along.

Is this what your talking about?
http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/61809/cat/all/limit/last14
***photo is not owned by me, the photo is owned by boin106 on the railroad forums.***

Yup, just like that, Cools. Awesome to see exact train i was looking at. Now if i can find one an 027 in that style for reasonable price.

Back