QSI vs BLi Blue Line

Cobrix

Hi all,

My name is Arek. I live in Europe (Poland). I've always been keen on railways model. My main scale is TT - 1:120. However I always wanted to collect american models so I decided to start in H0 scale.

I have some models form Atlas with QSI Sound. They are wonderful. Now I am thinking about buying BLi SD40 and AC6000CW.
Is anybody here who own these models? What about sounds? Which solution is better? QSI or Blue Line. BLi sells AC6000CW either wich QSI or Blue Line sound and I don't know which version is better.
QSI is more expensive but has DCC decoder on board but Blue Line requires additional DCC decoder.

I would be grateful for opinions about sounds.

Thanks
Arek

Arek

My friend and I ordered 2 BLI Blue Line SD40-2's. I have not heard the sound yet personnally, but my friend has. QSI has 2 speakers Blue Line only has one from what he told me.

this comes from page 9 in Operators Manual:

Omce you have installed a DCC decoder, it will control the motor and the front and rear lights. The sound board has its own internal decoder, and can control the rest of the lights and the sound functions. The address of both decoders must be the same. You Blueline Locomotive's sound board comes preprogrammed as Engine "3"

Not sure how you can program the sound decoder to a different address, can't be that hard I'd think.

Have 3 AC6000's on order now BlueLine. Also have 1 BLI AC6000 with QSI, I like how it sounds

Doug

Back