QSI Decoder Reset Query (Now Resolved)

Smudge617

I've come across a Life-Like GP20 I forgot I had till I was adding it to JMRI, thought I'd run it for a while as it's been boxed for about 2 years, quick service and off it went, with sound, OK, didn't know that. (no paperwork came with it)

After a while, it stopped, possibly because I was busy seeing what the other F keys would do. It seems I may have put it into "shutdown" mode, a quick internet search and "Startup" is to double tap F6, but it still won't move, lights and sound are there, but no movement, after several hours of trying various other options to reset the decoder, nothing I do works, so, long story short I need to do a hard reset, I've tried the magnet over the reed switch and that also doesn't work, (the only thing that did was to increase/decrease the sound) and believe me I've been trying this for 5 hours now.

The last method I can find to try is "shorting" the reed switch, but I only have a 12v power supply, not 9v, is this too much, or do I need to find another power supply?
Or does anyone know of a different method to do this?

If this doesn't work, does anyone know which decoder is a drop-in replacement for this, sound/non-sound, doesn't matter really

1702066455468.png

QSI.jpg

Try hitting f9 several times. I remember they had a multi-tiered shutdown sequence.
As for resetting in dcc, it is a three-cv process. I’ll see if I can find it in my stuff from way back…

Perform this procedure in ops mode:

cv49 to 128
cv50 to 255
cv56 to 113
The horn should blow three short blasts when you’re done

Try hitting f9 several times. I remember they had a multi-tiered shutdown sequence.
As for resetting in dcc, it is a three-cv process. I’ll see if I can find it in my stuff from way back…
I did that, it finally shut down, F6 is the start-up, which it did, but still no movement.

Perform this procedure in ops mode:

cv49 to 128
cv50 to 255
cv56 to 113
The horn should blow three short blasts when you’re done
I was doing this but it wouldn't take, but I was doing it on the programming track, I followed your advice and did it on the mainline, it read back to me the CV changes and I got the three horn blasts, success!!, no, still wouldn't move on even on default 3, then I vaguely remembered reading somewhere about some decoders won't reset till you power off and on again, I wonder, and, SUCCESS, so a big thank you. :)

Back