"Q" Fans!!??

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
So far it seems only Smokey Valley makes Q fans in HO, which isn't a bad thing, but How many come in a kit? Walthers says "Q fan", and so does Smokey Valley's own website. BUT upon checking RRtrains.com (where I order most my stuff) it says "Q fan/3", does this hint at 3 per pack!? Anyone?

If nothing, I order on pack on the 1st...

What's wrong with Athearn's Q fans? They're the nicest I've seen. I can't find them on the Horizon website, so you probably want to get in touch with Athearn to see how to score some.

The smokey valley set has 3 fans in it. They are nice, but the Athearn fans are far better looking. I've never been able to get my hands on the Athearn ones though. They were never in stock with walthers and now Horizon doesn't even list them.

I just bought a pack of these and there are 3 per pack. I'd have to agree that they aren't the best out there.

Overland used to make a really nice set out of brass. If you can find them, they'd probably be look a little better than the Smokey Valley ones.

So are the Athearn ones see through? I might be able to score some through the LHS. We'll see...

Question... I got a plastic Q-fan on an SD40 that I picked up in a grab bag from my LHS, are the Athearn & Smokey Valley ones the only examples? It might be an Athearn, but I'm not sure as it was just on its own without any package.

Back