PRR Passenger Cars

Joe G

I have been looking for some feedback from other modellers on the subject of PRR passenger cars, but since there have been no reponses, I figure that I probably worded the thread wrong.

As a newly retired and returned HO modeller, interested in modelling pre PC PRR, I would like to purchase some PRR passenger cars. I received a five car MTH PRR set, but did not think that they were as prototypically accurate as the PRR Broadway cars Walthers produces.

Has anyone purchased and ran passenger cars from either manufacturer and if so can provide some feedback.

thanks

I have Walthers' smooth-side Budd cars for my N&W J, and I have a Niagara towing Walthers' NYC heavyweights. They'll be the same for PRR. Both pull nicely, but they do need break-in and lubing, and you may need to place longer-shanked couplers on either type, depending on your sharpness of curvature.

I removed the internal weights, blade-types stacked on the frame floor for the heavyweights. They are plenty heavy without them, but I am trailing them on 3% grades making it a real chore for my Niagara.

Branchline has nice kits for the cars you want.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I looked at the Walthers PRR 1 bedroom buffet lounge observation, like the looks and plan to make that my next purchase.

Back