Proto Emd Gp-30

Chase55671

Hey, I bought a EMD Phase I GP-30 at my hobby shop! I love it! It runs great! This is my first Proto 2000 engine I have and I am pleased! Well I will have pics up later.....

Chase

I have a GP30 as well and it runs smooth and it a good puller. My 30 will pull 19 cars up a 2% grade. Mine is in the bash shop right now as it has been for the past 6 months. Maybe i'll finish soon and show you guys some pics.

-Smoke

Hmmm... I purchased a Proto GP30 form the first batch and it ran like crap, not because of the cracked gears, I replaced them all. To make it a smooth running engine I used a Kato GP35 chassis and with some carefull milling the Proto shell fits the Kato chassis. A perfect match for my Geep 35's.

[BR]
Regards,
René

WOW, that's look like an excellent detailing job is in the works, creat a thread of all your loco's SPSD9, I'm a BIG espee fan! :)

Maybe this is off subject slightly...

But I FINALLY got to test my P2K SD9 on a "real" layout (as in bigger than 4x8!!!) and that thing can pull! It pulled 20 cars (about half of which were heavy 89' TOFC and centerbeams!!!!) up about a 2% grade! My Athearn SD38 had slight problems with traction with the same consist at that same area! Pretty impressive seeing as how my SD9 must have been out dated because when I bought it it had horn hook style couplers installed. Anyways, glad to hear you like your Proto 2000 Geep...maybe I'll consider one in the near future....

-Rich

Interesting René, I don't think I've ever had trouble getting my GP30 chassis running (I say chassis, as the GP39E body does not quite fit, yet...)

Back