Proto 2000 EMD F3 - speed table

Antonio

Dear friends!
I use standard table speed as default tor Walters Proto 2000 EMD f3A
And by NCE Power Cab I can see parameters: CV2 = 007, CV5=001, CV6 – could not read.
Why CV2 > CV5 ?
I need to adjust speed EMD f3 with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deaf friends...that would be me. :) I assume you mean dear friends and that you are not a native english speaker. CV2 is used to set the starting voltage and CV5 is used to set the highest speed you want the locomotive to run. CV6 is the mid voltage setting and not all decoders have this option. CV3 and CV 4 are the acceleration and deceleration rate settings. All NMRA compatible DCC decoders are required to have these CV's available. Are you saying the NCE power cab is unable to read these CV's?

Thank you for answer!
I can read CV2 & CV5. And my question was just about one of them. Why CV5 (~the highest speed) is too small?

Thank you for answer!
I can read CV2 & CV5. And my question was just about one of them. Why CV5 (~the highest speed) is too small?
What brand decoder do you use? If it's a Lenz, you will need to calculate the hex value of the top speed, and enter it in CV29.

I have "QSI Quantum decoder". That is write in the lok's box.
If you change CV5 to anything but 1 or 0, you will set that as the top speed. 255 is top speed, and you can go down from there, until the speeds match.

Back