Proto 2000 E7A unit missing rear coupler shank linch pin

That #455 from kadee uses a long shank coupler 25/64 " So if you are using standard kadee boxes the long shank will work

More good news: while awaiting the long shank Kadees, I decided to experiment with some medium shank Kadees that I already had on hand. I changed out the rear couplers on both of the E7 units ( short shanks on both) and replaced them with the medium shank. Success! When I did a back to back consist thru the tight curve in question, the consist went thru perfectly. . . No derailments! Short coupler lengths CAN indeed induce derailments! And longer coupler shanks can help!! Thanks for everyone’s input! Great forum! Lucky to have you guys to talk to. ✅👍

I believe that was the last full set of passenger equipment purchased in the US until Amtrak's Superliners decades later. The hard part will be the square end dome observation car. It has never been done in plastic, and rare even in brass. Some company make an "end piece" where one could cut the short end off a Con-Cor dome car and fit this piece into it, but I would think those are hard to find these days too.
I have looked at the internet for the blunt end dome observation car, and the only one I could find was made of stainless steel and they are asking nearly $700 for it! I do have one in plastic which I use on my post-1956 Denver Zephyr. I don't recall where I got it, nor the brand. The only indication of the source is "Made in Italy" on the underside. As a suggestion, if you don't mind modelling the 1935-1955 version of the Denver Zephyr, you can just use a round-end dome observation with coriggated sides. There are a number of those available in Burlington livery.

Back