projects and more projects

OOOHH what a layout I could have built with the money in the kitchen.

One good repair will lead to a life time of projects.

Buzz.

My honey insisted we hire someone to work on our kitchen. Somehow, if someone else was going to do it, I wouldn't get crabby. So we got half the job for twice the money. A year later we sold the house, and what did the new buyer do, they re-did the kitchen.

logandsawman

That's the thing, if hire someone to do the job you end up believing you could have done it yourself better and cheaper. If you do it yourself, you have to prove it. My wife is usually too impatient for me to work around. (Is it done yet?)

Well I have 1 of the many projects almost done. This is a roller table. I have it on caster to move around when I need it or push it out of the way if I don't. I have to clean up the tools from sitting under the bench for way to many years. I will be mounting a vice on the open corner. It has plugs wired in so I just plug the green extension cord in and all tools have power. No more unplugging this one to use that one. They will be all plugged in all the time.

I will build a small cabinet to hold the accessories for each toll so I can keep them all together.

Top will be 1 1/2 ply. What is in the picture is 3/4 ply. I will be laminating two sheets to make the top.

I am all ready using the lower storage. I will have it filled here pretty soon.

Attachments

• 100_0694.jpg
    100_0694.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_0696.jpg
    100_0696.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_0693.jpg
    100_0693.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_0692.jpg
    100_0692.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
It looked great on my screen. Must be your screen's :)

Well Not sure what happened but they are up now.

I have some extra room. I may use it as a assembly area. I may make a few drawers on one side to hold my nail and staple guns. Add another bench tool?

Buzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the the top all screwed down and tight. I trimmed the edges so they over hang by 2 inches. That is enough to get a good clamp on there. This table will come in handy when I start my table saw rebuild. I have the design all laid out and bill of materials ready. I was wondering how I was going to man handle the 4x8 sheets of 3/4 ply and mdf. Well I can use this table.

As is always the case, I found (2) of the (4) castors. So I will pick them up on Monday. As soon as I get the castors mounted I will find the other two.

It is hard when you have a multi use garage. I have to go from auto shop, to wood shop, to metal shop, to train shop to model airplane shop, to, to ,to, to, to and so on. I have been practicing my welding to get ready to weld up the mobile base for the table saw. Found out i need a welding table. The wood table I was using, for some reason, does not like hot metal on it. For some strange reason it started to smoke. HHMMM glad i had a hose handy :confused:

Had to stop today, Hard to work out there when the temps are triple digits.

Buzz.

It is hard when you have a multi use garage. I have to go from auto shop, to wood shop, to metal shop, to train shop to model airplane shop, to, to ,to, to, to and so on. I have been practicing my welding to get ready to weld up the mobile base for the table saw. Found out i need a welding table. The wood table I was using, for some reason, does not like hot metal on it. For some strange reason it started to smoke. HHMMM glad i had a hose handy :confused:

Buzz.

I won't show you a pic of the inside of my shed then.

I have the the top all screwed down and tight. I trimmed the edges so they over hang by 2 inches. That is enough to get a good clamp on there. This table will come in handy when I start my table saw rebuild. I have the design all laid out and bill of materials ready. I was wondering how I was going to man handle the 4x8 sheets of 3/4 ply and mdf. Well I can use this table.

As is always the case, I found (2) of the (4) castors. So I will pick them up on Monday. As soon as I get the castors mounted I will find the other two.

Had to stop today, Hard to work out there when the temps are triple digits.

Buzz.

LOL! I've made my bench smoke by melting lead for weights. I do want to learn to weld though. Great skill to know.

Back