project

ccool

Hi !

It's some project that i have started.

The first one it's the famous GP9 already talk in a another post, it will be CN # 7200. It's a Kaslo shell that i have ad some pieces missing like horn, pilot detail etc

The second it's a M-420W of CN # 2500, it's a kaslo shell again with some detail part added, horn, pilot detail .

The next one is the GP-10 US army, I need a i new shell, i try to remove a louver but it's not a good job, i will change the shell and don't remove them.

Now it's a pointe st-charles caboose of CN.

The next one is a SW1200RS , it's a bigger job, started with a SW7 shell, ad a canon cab and a lot of detail part, the major part are from eric. It need a good clean up lol

This one is more easy, it's a SD70i of CN , of course lol started with a Athearn Genesis a just ad some pieces it's already accurate for a CN.

The next is a kaslo cab for a Dash-9 ... i try to make them accurate and it's a large job a change all pieces on this locomotive, nothing is accurate for CN on athearn.

Next is a SD40-2 of GT, the biggest job it's to change the rear radiator .... humm what is the word ? lol

The rest is minor modification and like always a ad detail on pilot, from snow plow to mu hose, air hose, cupler lift bar etc...

This is a C-424, need some modification again to be accurate for CN, i thing that in fact this loco for CN was built by MLW.

The rear of the loco are not round like the Atlas model, so i try to make them more accurate, like you see i add some detail part, horn, bell pilot detail again with car catcher etc...

That's my project for the moment here is 2 picture that i have take for fun... the first one it's my paint and detail part.... with that i can make some other project and the other project are on the wall :p

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi !

I'm not the better to paint, the picture never show the default.

I'm not the better in nothing but i try to make the best.

For the weathering i don't make them at the moment, in general i don't like the heavy weathering on my loco. I have make some test on wagon few month ago but i must practice more and more lol

I post few picture because one or 2 member ask them and to see that i'm not just asking question without project lol

Thanks !

Very nice work on some difficult models. Keep at it - you'll soon have a collection of very nice engines.

Very nice video. The #5607 came out really well. I assume that's a club layout it's running on. Very detailed for a club. The timber trestle is fabulous.

Hi !

I buy this locomotive at 15$ lol but i must repaint the red, i added the corect front door and change some pieces, some was endemmaged. It's not the bigger job that i have make !

For the layout, it's from my local club at Quebec city, it's not perfect, some track need to be replaced but .... a club it's a club..

I can take more picture of the trestle next time, it's true that it's fabulous. It was make by a member, it take 2 years to complete them. The most fabulous it's that the member start with a pieces of wood, and he cut each pieces one by one with a x-acto !!

If you are interrested, the next time i will take more pic of the layout.

Thanks !

Indeed, the club layout looks really nice. The trestle really is amazing. I'm sure any train would look good on that trestle.

I look forward to seeing the Kaslo builds completed. Do you have any other pictures of your C44-9 build?

Hi !

The dash-9 i don't work on it for several month, it have a major fault that i don't like lol

For the GP9RM I work a little bite, i added the winter hatch that i receive last week and the missing fan and i have make the "box" for the connection with the slug but it miss some mu wire that i have ordering to complete this part.

After that i must check for the strob and the wiring around the fan in the front.

It have a another tread for this locomotive that you can check if you want.

Thanks !

Hi !

Here is a project that I almoes finished, just mist the decoder and cupler

When i start them i take the decision to don't paint them completly and i thin that the better way it's to strip the paint for better match with paint and decals.

I have add the corect bell on the side of the long hood using Eric B-12.
I have paint the rear of the step rear of the cab black.
I have add to good horn with Eric H-27 on the top.
I add sunshade on the cab with A-line 29210
I remove a class light on the front of the cab and repaint the upper of the cab. You probably can see i little difference on paint on the picture but you must check few second to see it. I don't find that it's a large difference.
I replace the class light lens of Atlas with M.V. Lens 700 and 704.
I add whipper of A-Line 29200
I add sinclair antenna Detail West 274
I add MU stand of detail associate 1502 on the 2 pilot
I add car catcher on the front pilot with Eric P-23
I add grab irin on the car catcher with brass wire
I paint the door handle on the cab gray/silver
I paint all the grab iron, cupler lift bar and handrail CN grey, here is a little problem, the paint did not match with atlas grey and decals.
For the rear long hood i make the corner more round, this batch of unit are probably made by MLW and the corner a little bite different of Alco.
I add rear class light from railflyer like it's not identical but it's the only solution with M.V Lens 700, It'S a big job the make this 2 last part to be egal and have 2 identical corner. My job it's not perfect but i find them good.
I add the 3 doors between the grab iron on the rear.
I add air hose from precision scale 3150
I paint the little walkway light gray/silver
I add the 2 grab iron on the rear corner i make them from brass wire.

It's almost complete, i must add a decoder, kadee cupler, I use flat clear to eliminate some imperfection in the paint and i think that it's enough !

Thanks !

Felicitation! :)

Une maudite bonne job! Ayoye! Ta M420 je l'aime bien.
Ce n'est pas un kit tres facile a faire. J'ai pas encore oser!
Ta peinture, modification et decalque sont reussi.

Ton video est bon. J'ai ete a ton club il y a des annees de cela.
C'est gros et il y a beaucoup de vignette a trouver. Vous
etes a coter de la ligne du CN et VIA.

Encore une fois Bravo!
icon14.gif

Hi !

It’s another project that i almost finish, A SD40-2 of Grand Tronc. On this one i have 3 error... the first one i have make the number 5930 and i don’t know if it’s already have this paint scheme lol the next one i must remove the all season windows after that i glue them and i broke the paint and the decals and i finally glue them with “strong” glue and the widows come frosted.

I have...

Move the air tank of each side.
Add 2 step on the rear of the cab
Modify the battery box.
Add air vent under the side cab window
Add something that it look like a air line on the side of the long hood between the box and the air intake ( it’s probably not the good word, i don’t know the real name)
I remove the class light on the short hood
Like it’s a old athearn i remove the molder grab iron where i can.
I remove a louver on the short hood
I modify the number board

I add...

Antenna Detail West RA-157
All season windows of detail associate 2301
Change the rear grille with canon 1404
Sun Shades A Ligne 29210
I use Ratchet Break from Atlas to replace the wheel of athearn
Bell from Detail west BE-176
The Whipper from A Line 29200
MU stand front and rear from Detail Associates 1505
Drop step of Detail associates 1404
Snow plow of Detail West PL-255
Cupler lift bar of detail associate
Air hose of Detail Associates 1508
Mu hose of Detail west 266
Front ditch light of Eric L 9
Rear spare knuckle of Detail West 196
Horn of Detail West AH-186
Lift ring of detail associate
Grab Iron of detail associate
M.V. lens 280 for ditch light
I add air line on side frame truck
I paint them with accupaint GT blue and add decals of microscale 87-650 et 87-527
Now the engine is ready to go for add decorder and add light.

Thanks !

Back