Project Log: Lionel HO Freedom Train

I finally found a completed 5 car set with the 4449 off of fleabay. I'll be pulling it with the re-released BLI Reading T1. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Lionel cars. I have already ordered new trucks and I finally figured out how to get the roof off. I will be trying to model the whole 26 cars but for now, I'm going to get the 5 I have up to standard and then start ordering the Bethlem Car Works kits. There's a lot of good info and galleries of others that have done this at http://www.freedomtrain.org/main.htm I look forward to your posts and updates on your progress.

I received the Walthers 290-2012 trucks and truck mounting adapters. I just stacked them on top of each other and ran a bolt through all of it using a nut on the inside. Holds perfectly and I don't need to glue the two adapters together. Put some lighting in the observation car. Shines right through the roof! Painting was not as good back then as it is now....LOL. How's yours coming along?

I received the Walthers 290-2012 trucks and truck mounting adapters. I just stacked them on top of each other and ran a bolt through all of it using a nut on the inside. Holds perfectly and I don't need to glue the two adapters together. Put some lighting in the observation car. Shines right through the roof! Painting was not as good back then as it is now....LOL. How's yours coming along?

'scuse me while I just wander off somewhere for a year.

Mine hasn't progressed. I have a car to turn into the SP&S heavyweight-turned-tool-car for 4449, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I'm also starting to collect some things for the three flatcars that hauled the trailers used when the AFT was on location for display. I did manage to get a second Lionel HO window display car.

Back