Project for GP-40 CN

ccool

Hi again !

New project = no problem and new question lol

Last year i have buy a GP-40 of atlas and when i make the list, few month later my computer was stolen and i losse all.... Tonight i have remake my list.

First of all the only picture of the good number ( 9309) are this one

http://www.cnrphotos.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=12033

Here is the modification that i have find and the question in same time.

The front :

#1 Snow plow : I must keep this one of atlas or Eric P-13 or D-W PL-257. What you suggest ?

#2 eyes bolt on the front : I already have this one of raiflyer.

#3 MU stands : i plan to use de D-A 1505

#4 Headlight on the nose : D-A 1004, Eric L-7, D-W HL-117 any suggestion ?

#5 Bell on the front of the cab : Eric B-2

#6 I must add marker light on thefront of the cab : i will use raiflyer.

The Back :

#7 Backlight : D-A 1014

#8 Marker light : i don't have the picture of the rear, some other number have marker light, other don't have any idea ? If nobody can help me with that i will go with the more simple and just paint them.

#9 Eyes bolt : same as the front

#10 MU stand : same as the front

#11 Spare knuckle : D-W SK-196

Left side :

#12 Modify the break wheel : I plan to use styrene to make the cover and add Eric B6 or D-W BW-179 or canon 1108. One of them are better ?

#13 Snow shield : The only one that it look accurate are from railflyer, other idea ?

#14 Replace the air tank : i will use railflyer

#15 Box in the rear of the cab : it have a box in include in the box called " ECAFB" it is this one ?

Right side :

#16 change air tank : same that other side

#17 snow shield : same that other side

#18 change the grab iron for a full step on the front of the battery box : i will just use styrene

#19 air vent : it have air vent on the front of the cab but i don't know if i must add them to save the paint problem.

Top :

# 19 Replace the horn : a another mystery, it have a lot of different horn on this kind of locomotive, i think that it's a M-3 ? if it's right i can use D-A 1601 or D-W AH-186 or Eric H-1. one are better ?

#20 sinclair antenna : some unit have, other don't... i will make D-W RA-274 on mine.

Other :

#21 Handrail : the handrail are not corect but i thing that it's difficult to remake them and i think that i will stay with this one of atlas.

#22 Speed recorder : It look to be one at each truck ?? I will use D-A 2807

#23 Step : the step are not identical too but i will just close the back of the first one with styrene.

# 24 class number : Atlas had the good idea to do not write the good number... i will try to change them... any idea to remove the old ?

I will waiting for some suggestion or comments. In same time if anyone have picture of the number 9309 just tell me.

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I think you've got it. I don't have time to fully review the list right now, but...

Hi !

When i buy the locomotive, some people tell to me that it's accurate for CN L-O-L

I find that's it's a lot of job for a locomotive that i pay over 100$ !

Anyway, i don't start this project this week, if someone have some answer to my question or comments, it's never too late.

Thanks !

Head light (Railflyer), Sinclair Antenna (Railflyer), Steps (Railflyer), you might run into a problem with the class lights on installing them above the numberboards because no one makes the correct GMDD spartan cab yet, Chris from RFMP will soon, but the problem from Atlas-Athearn-Kato-P2K- and everyone else is that the numberboards are modeled after the U.S. versions and the room above the U.S. versions are shorter between the gasket and roof, the GMDD sets at the bottom of the housing.

Also I would use the Railflyer bell instead of the MBE one, grabirons from Railflyer, cab awnings from Railflyer, cab steps railflyer he has the correct canadian open grate style ones.

Back