Problems with Bachmann Spectrum SD-45

vio919

So I recently bought a brand new spectrum SD-45 on ebay and I just received it today. It looks fantastic, but it doesn't seem to be running too well. When I run it in either direction it makes a clicking sound that sounds like plastic gears clicking. The speed of the clicking varies with the speed of the loco. Also, it doesn't seem to go quite as fast as it should. Any ideas? All I can think of is, maybe it needs some lubricant? What does a clicking sound usually imply?

Ok, I've never taken apart a loco. Do you think it's worth taking it to my hobby shop and having them diagnose it?

You can also send it back to Bachmann and have them look at it. They have a lifetime warranty on their locomotives and will fix or replace any locomotive for $15 if it's out of the one year warranty period.

You can also send it back to Bachmann and have them look at it. They have a lifetime warranty on their locomotives and will fix or replace any locomotive for $15 if it's out of the one year warranty period.

There ya go! I didn't know that!

So if it's not out of the one year warranty then it's free?

EDIT: never mind, I just checked their site. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back