PR3 and Locobuffer USB

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
Ok, I've been using Digitrax for almost ten years and have gone through the growing pains of each new thing they have come out with.
I'm seeing the information about the PR3 and it looks a lot like the Locobuffer USB except for the Soundloader.
My primary interest is to be able to load software upgrades to decoders, I.E. the T55 decoder upgrade V(3) which requires PR2 or PR3. Can this upload from the laptop to the loco be done through Locobuffer USB?

Ken,

The T55 sound decoders are Digitrax. You will need the Digitrax PR2 or PR3. Every manufacturer has their own hardware to download sound projects into the sound decoder. The Locbuffer USB will not download sound projects.
That said, if you get a ESU-LokSound sound decoder, you will need their hardware interface to download sounds into their sound decoder!
The Locobuffer USB will allow a PC to attach to the Loconet for programing other DCC stuff, but not for sound. It will program things like CV's in a Digitrax sound decoder - Just cannot download the sounds.

Jim

Back