Please!!!!! Can someone rescue me????

OK. Here's the story:
I tried putting a tsunami is my genesis bigboy. I thought I got it. When I put it on the program track it shorted out my MRC advance2 system and it burned up the curcuit board in the boiler section. I took it to my LHS/DCC shop and they had it for 8 months and was working on it. Well they had a fire next door to them and lost everthing due to smoke damage. My loco was OK but I had to take it back. I got the helix humper in, worked out all the wires and was helplessly trying to get the front end apart where the pilots are because it burned the headlight up. HERE'S THE BAD PART: (My dog ran into the table and knocked the loco off onto the floor. :eek: It broke the rear part wher it connects to the tender.

Is there anyone on this forum, or do you know anyone that is willing to finish/fix this thing???? I am not asking for a freebe. I want to pay. I just need someone to finish this thing. I am in over my head.

Sorry didnt get back to you in time, anyways. I am messing with my challenger tonight. You should be able to rewire the thing around the circuit board in the boiler. I will take some photo's and diagrams tonight. Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the helix humper?

I used the cuircut board that was in the tender, i just soldered the Tsunami decoder to the board. In the attached photo, left to right black, grey, blue, white, orange, and red. Be sure to retain the wires already attached to the board.

Cursed isn't the word! I just don't have the time this thing needs. I can't even get the front apart. I hate to put it in the dead pile. I have almost $100 in the decoder alone. The broken parts are plastic but not available on Athearns website. I ordered some crank pin nuts and some miscellaneous parts that were missing a few weeks ago. You have to call to get parts. I just do not have the time to work on this thing because I am remodeling my kitchen. The more I do the worse it gets. I don't mind trying anything but sometimes you have to realize you can't tread water and you have to ask for a life preserver.

SP4439: Don't worry about it. I didn't include the whole story in my first post. The reason for the humper is because after I took it to the LHS it wouldn't pull itself up a 2% grade. The hobby shop thought the motor was bad. When the fire happened and I picked up the loco they gave me the new motor. It wasn't till I got it home and was trying to trace wires that I discovered the board was bad in the boiler. I already had the frame milled for the motor leads so I figured it would only be an improvement if I kept it in. I will try to order the parts needed Monday. There is no way I'm going to ruin this loco any further. Any help would be great!

Give Athearn a call, maybe they'll let you send it back for repairs. Let them know you're willing to pay for the repairs, since it isn't anything they did, and see what they say. Ask for Raul in the repair department, he's always helped me when I've been in a jam.

Back