Playart

moogie

Hi, are Playart H0 models any good?
I have been offered three cars, a stock car, a cylinder hopper and a open hopper just want to know if they are worth buying.
Thanks,
Noel.

Have you seen the cars? If so did you like the looks of them?Does the asking price seem fair to you?

Any HO car can be improved quite often at little expence if your of a mind to do it.I have quite a few Bachmann,LifeLike,and Tyco cars.Usually the bigest problem is the paint jobs and hornhook couplers.

My advice would be (a) if you like the cars buy them (b) be prepared to spend a little time on them (body mounting couplers and removing the truck mounted ones) (c) be prepared to enjoy your new toys):D

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the cars? If so did you like the looks of them?Does the asking price seem fair to you?

Any HO car can be improved quite often at little expence if your of a mind to do it.I have quite a few Bachmann,LifeLike,and Tyco cars.Usually the bigest problem is the paint jobs and hornhook couplers.

My advice would be (a) if you like the cars buy them (b) be prepared to spend a little time on them (body mounting couplers and removing the truck mounted ones) (c) be prepared to enjoy your new toys):D

Also of great importance are the trucks. If they're shoddy made molded plastic they're likely prone to warp and generate bumpy rides which could lead to derailment. Reliability, to me, is more important than looks.

Playart is in the class with Model power or Lima trains. Basic and not worth much. Ok at the right price.

Bob

If you can get them for very cheap, you can always dress them up. You can also push them on a track to see how they run.

Back