Plans for OO9 Backwoods Miniatures NGG16 No. 138 & Ffestiniog Railway Prince

NGG16 Garrat

Let's Ride The Rails
Well, I have plans to make Welsh Highland Railway Beyer Class NGG16 No. 138 Garratt Locomotive via the Backwoods Miniature kit, this Beyer Garratt is one of three Beyer Garratts running on the Welsh Highland Railway this being one of the locomotives that are currently running the WHR passenger service, I'm also getting the Ffestiniog Railway No. 4 Palmerston. Prince will be on passenger service on my layout whilst the Garratt handles the quarry, mine, & goods traffic as there will be A LOT of wagons and No. 138 being a 2-6-2+2-6-2 Beyer Garratt locomotive will have no trouble pulling the heavy goods trains and in the afternoon the job will be switched as my railway will have more passenger traffic during the afternoon as that's when the tourists and school kids will want to travel the trains and the goods work will be lighter during that time :). Also, I have plans for getting the Backwoods Miniatures Double Ended Fairlie and using it as David Lloyd George for the heavier passenger & goods trains and the former Mainline Class Quarry Hunslet named Blanche for heavy goods & passenger work aswell while Palmerston does the slate and lighter passenger trains :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Back