Plans for a new layout

Johne230

I just joined the forum earlier this morning. I wrote a small intro in Introduce yourself here
Hello everyone I was into model railroading as a kid Lionel 027 gauge 1950s era. I am now 63 and retired I have been fooling around with N scale for about a year now.still dont no much about the hobby. I built a small layout last winter just to get into the const. & landscaping. I dismantled it it last month and am in the process of expanding a little. I will post in the layout and const. forum some pictures of the old layout and a drawing of what I want to do for a new layout a little later. I am happy to be here and will be looking for help from time to time thank you all.
OK so here are some photos from my first layout.

IMG_0711_zpsda9d47d4.jpg

IMG_0713_zps32b83760.jpg

IMG_0723_zps56d097fd.jpg

IMG_0725_zps4d47cbe3.jpg

IMG_0736_zps1d034dbf.jpg

IMG_0737_zps589a93b7.jpg

IMG_0738_zps7967c126.jpg

My New Layout Design

I tried this earlier but it went up in smoke so I will try it again.

I did the intro. earlier
[h=2]
icon1.png
New to this forum[/h]
Hello everyone I was into model railroading as a kid Lionel 027 gauge 1950s era. I am now 63 and retired I have been fooling around with N scale for about a year now.still dont no much about the hobby. I built a small layout last winter just to get into the const. & landscaping. I dismantled it it last month and am in the process of expanding a little. I will post in the layout and const. forum some pictures of the old layout and a drawing of what I want to do for a new layout a little later. I am happy to be here and will be looking for help from time to time thank you all.

So here are some pictures of the old layout.

IMG_0722_zps81295d0a.jpg

IMG_0723_zps56d097fd.jpg

IMG_0725_zps4d47cbe3.jpg

IMG_0737_zps589a93b7.jpg

IMG_0742_zpsc4dc8987.jpg

That was the old layout, now I want to try something a little more challanging here is my design so far all constructive criticisim is welcome. One thing any changes will have to occur within the bench as drawn because I dont have any room to expand right now.

LAYOUTBOARD_zpsc13aa4a0.png

Have fun guys.

I think it's looking great so far! The Lumber yard looks kind of hard to get into, though. Any train you want in there would have to fit entirely into the top siding of the Freight yard/station. Also, I am suing the blue line is inclined to get the trains up to the coal mine. Will there be a bridge over the lumber yard lines?

Holy Crap. I've been following that thread, too. Why did I not notice it was yours? Guess I need to wake up a little bit more, huh?

Back