Piko or LGB Caboose...

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
I have posted in the Wanted to Buy forums but thought I'd post here as well as it is G Gauge.

I am looking for a Piko or LGB Caboose that I can "restore" for a particular Road Name. If anyone has an old American Vintage Caboose they would like to part with, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking for a Piko or LGB Caboose that I can "restore" for a particular Road Name.
All the Piko caboose that I have seen look odd. I don't know what it is exactly about the proportions but they don't look right for either standard or narrow gauge models. It is like the wheel base is narrow gauge but the body style is a Northeastern USA standard gauge type.

Horseman,

Thanks mate ... regrettably, I have just received a Piko Drovers Caboose, quite literally. Perhaps in future, I should be looking at LGB rolling stock for my Mogul. To be honest, the only reason I got the Piko Caboose was to keep everything Piko for fear of things looking "wrong" mixing manufacturers. Sounds as though that fear is unfounded where Piko and LGB are concerned.

Horseman,

Thanks mate ... regrettably, I have just received a Piko Drovers Caboose, quite literally. Perhaps in future, I should be looking at LGB rolling stock for my Mogul. To be honest, the only reason I got the Piko Caboose was to keep everything Piko for fear of things looking "wrong" mixing manufacturers. Sounds as though that fear is unfounded where Piko and LGB are concerned.
The Drover's is the best one of the bunch. It is at least based on a truly narrow gauge prototype that will match the Mogul.

Horseman,

AT least I got that right then :) I only bought the Drover Style cos I liked the look of it really ... just goes to show, sometimes ignorance can be a bliss!

Back