PB 359 Logging Truck &Trailer

Anyone built this pewter kit?

I started it today and am a bit stuck as to where the pieces go for the uprights.

If anyone has built this and could maybe supply a better picture than the instructions include, that would be swell.

Ok, really it'd be better than swell. It would be necessary.

I want it together correctly. Not just some guess.

thanks?

Well, I finished it. I think I got it close... at least close enough. The thing is so small nobody is going to know anyways!

LogTruck007.jpg

LogTruck008.jpg

LogTruck009.jpg

LogTruck010.jpg

LogTruck011.jpg

LogTruck013.jpg

Passes the three foot rule for me. :) I personally hate those cast metal kits because of all the flash cleanup and the (usually) lousy directions but I think you did a good job.

I was scared to get started. Really scared. The pieces are SO small. I just kept envisioning a ball of glue with some shiny parts sticking out here and there. But really it wasn't too bad. The directions definitely left something to be desired (and I have extra pieces?) but I actually enjoyed the build.

I am still terrified for the paint process though. I suck at that.

The most important thing is to clean the metal with a soft toothbrush and some diluted dishwashing soap. Give it a good rinse and then spray the whole thing with a good coat of primer and let it set until you don't smell paint. You can then either brush paint it or spray paint it depending on what you're most comfortable with. It will look good painted if you follow these steps.

As a person who loves semi-trucks more then trains you did 'er right! It looks like a true Pete 359 and logging trailer to me.

fullsteam88

PB 359 logging truck

Well, firetacoma's truck looks great, I'm a teamster by trade and have driven Pete's most of my life. The advice on painting is great, just softly clean the parts, glue em together and then prime the model, I like flat white for a primer which makes colors look better than gray, but both work great. I use a rattle can for both primer and paint, that's spray cans. Model trucks are my second love after trains. Don't be afraid of making a mistake, and when you're done you'll say, "wow, it's wasn't so bad afterall".
There's lots of trucks on the road, and all are similat, so just look around. Most logging trucks have a headache rack behind the cab with loops that are kinda heart shaped, with a seat in the middle for the trailer boom to ride in when the trailer is sitting on the rack behind the truck cab. There are a couple of logging trucks available in HO scale and you may find one at a hobbyshop to look at, or look em up on the internet for reference photos.
Good luck.

Hey Fire, Looks great from here I build about 30 GHQ and C&C kits a month the more you build the easier:rolleyes: they get I prefer to leave the tires off and paint them before installing them,remenber when you go to airbrush them the key is thin,thin,thin !! I set my air brush to the min setting and shoot about 3 coats the thinner the paint the more detail will show your doing a great job keep it up:D

To funny Mack I was saying to myself ,watch someone is going to say something about not having planking down over the rails to funny :):rolleyes: and thank you

Larry

Back