Passenger car lighting kits

I have a question about lighting kits for passenger cars.

I have 4 Athearn Bev-Bel 6 axle passenger cars that I would like to install lighting in. I would like to find a lighting kit that is very simple to install.

What would be the best choice for my needs? I have metal wheels already to go.

Wouldn't you have to switch off each individual car if you used those battery powered ones??
yes, but they usually include a reed switch or similar, that you can mount in the roof, and easily switch off with a magnet . ones that use track power usually recommend leds for lower power draw.

Walters kits
I have 4 of these 933-1087
and 2 of these 933-1065

they say DC, but will they work with DCC ??

Wouldn't you have to switch off each individual car if you used those battery powered ones??
I can only speak to the Train Tech CL2 light strips. They automatically turn themselves off and on. As soon as the light-strip senses movement the lights will turn on. When there is no movement for 3-4 minutes they turn off.

Just a quick look said these Tech CL2 light systems run something like $20-$30 per car? (shipping included?)

How about something that might be a lot cheaper?
Cheap Flicker Free Car Lighting for DCC, DC, and AC – a New Kind of KAOS

KAOS = = Keep Alive On Steroids
Expensive, like some train stuff is. I’ve just now gotten more interested in lighting. Lit passenger cars, street lights, multipurpose post war light masts. How much percentage of passenger cars are lit the way they come?

Back