Parts for a Bachmann 0-4-0

bkpigs

I found my small switcher from years back (still might be a little too long at 4" but I gonna give it a try). It is a Bachmann 0-4-0 Diesel switcher in ATSF paint. Where can I find parts for this thing? I need a new drive axle, the teeth are broke off of mine. Thanks a bunch!!!

I forgot to add that I went to Bachmann's website and found geared axles for a 44ton switcher but the gear is offset whereas mine is centered. They did not have a selection for the 0-4-0 switcher.

What gauge is it??
I believe you have an oldie there. I doubt they would have them but a call to Bachmann might help for parts.

Sorry, forgot to mention it is an HO scale loco. And yes it is an oldie. It was the first loco my parents bought me (didn't know that until Mom said something tonight about it).

COntact Bachmann direcly and ask ifthey can help. THey supposedly have a GREAT service department. Even for older stuff, out of warrantee stuff, If you broke it stuff, If "you worked on it first" stuff,etc. so contact tehir Philly, PA center an see ehat they say. THey may charge you a nomimal fee or a simple shipping fee or more.

Bachmann National Sales Office
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19124 USA

For All Inquiries NOT Related To Customer Service
Email: sales@bachmanntrains.com
Telephone: 215-533-1600
Fax: 215-744-4699

For Service Inquiries
E-mail: Click on the "Service" link to be directed to our convenient service form
Telephone: 800-356-3910 (toll free; US and Canada residents only.)
Hey, I found this too:

Warranty Information

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.

Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card or proof of purchase.

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement (prices subject to change):

$15.00 - All standard non-DCC locos
(excluding Large Scale)

$25.00 - Standard DCC and
Spectrum? N and HO

$30.00 - Williams, On30, and
Standard Line large scale

$50.00 - Large scale Spectrum?

AND this:

Contacting Service

To send us e-mail, click here: Online Service Form
Orders, repair inquiries, or general inquiries may also be sent to:

Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Fax: 215-744-4699

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm, and Friday 8 am to 12 pm (All Times Eastern). Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910. Customers from all other countries should call [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600.

Parts: Ext. 328 or 329
Technical Support: Ext.337
Repair Status: Ext. 331
Customer Service Manager: Ext.304

Please be aware that due to the quantity of calls we receive each day, you may need to leave a message on our voice mail system. Your call will be returned as soon as a service technician is available. We thank you in advance for your patience

Hope this helps....
________
TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 70 SERIES

Last edited by a moderator:

Back