Paper

eTraxx

I'm posting this in the General Discussions area since it isn't about Model Railroading .. but IS .. modeling ..

This is a link to a thread on Paper Modelers .. a forum for people that model in paper (duh!). When you want to do something to a loco, car, structure etc. .. you might want to think about using paper. This is a Japanese tank type 2 Ka-Mi in 1:25 scale. Just take a few minutes .. and look at the photographs. This is amazing .. what is done in paper/cardboard. In fact .. this forum is a scratch-builder's resource that is simply great ... and a lot of it can be used here.

Japanese tank Type 2 ka-Mi

Good site, thanks for posting it Ed.

I've done a bit of papermodeling and have a few on my layout. There is a lot available in HO if you look for them. Done well they can look very good. Nice part is you can build them at the kitchen table, no paint! In the picture below, the large white house and the 2 buildings to the top left are paper.

I once built a Ford Tri-motor airplane with an almost 3 foot wingspan, interior complete to the toilet and all those cylinders hanging out, all of paper. Hung over my older boy's crib when he was little. After time damaged and age it years later, I let the boys trash it in the yard.

Back