other 1:87 trucks/cars

Tasco26

Defendin Freedom Since 99
Frist off, who owns any herpa trucks/trailers? Are they good quality?

Second, will an euro modle trailer like this http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/326-75879 fit on the trucks that walmart sales?

Third, does Trident Miniatures make good trucks/trailers too?

I plan on doing a military layout with loading ramps and things....now if i can only figure out how to place my RTS layout on here for nit-pickin

Herpa and Trident both make good models but they are getting to be expensive with the weak dollar. Trident in particular makes some nice US military equipment although availability can be spotty.

I don't know if that lowboy trailer would fit anything sold at Walmart but it wouldn't look right if it did. Specialized trailers like that are usually hauled by specialized tractors as well, not the normal semi-tractor.

In short, no, the king pin is too large for the Wal*mart trucks. One of the two will take modifications.

I own a old 1965 Mack B61 and a 1978 RS700L mack that I am restoring so I had to have a few B model and R model Macks on my layout. The 1/87th macks i have are in the Athern brand. they are a little pricy but are very close to looking like the real trucks. I have some herpa trucks and they are also nice but I never liked the chrome parts on them as they just looked tacky. The trailers king pins and 5th wheels are always an issue. some king pins are small others to big. then you have a trailer that looks like its not to the correct to scale of the tractor. my advice is to find a tractor trailer combo or just mod the trailer or tractor to allow them to hook up properly.

Back