Orange construction fence

Any ideas on creating the orange construction fence found around most construction projects? Found some on ebay but it did not really look that good, thanks
keith

Tulle seems like the best option. I have used it for chain link fence before, as part of a FSM kit rebuild. http://nvrr49.blogspot.com/2013/07/fsm-barnstead-lumber-ho-scale.html
DSC_0104-2.JPG

What's tulle and where do you buy it? Would that be too large for N scale or is this something you can buy in different sizes/scales?

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve-
Tulle (pronounced "tool") is a material often used for wedding veils.
It is found in the fabric departments or stores like JoAnnes.
There are versions with different spacings and materials.

Nice, I'll check it out. Thanks for the info, I've got a construction scene I'll be working on my layout.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC01927.jpg tulle from Hobby Lobby and some florescent orange acrylic paint, stakes are green floral wire - not bad. A "denser" mesh on the tulle would be a little more realistic. Fencing is 4 scale feet tall. I have to confess without the dark background it is very difficult to see on the layout - again I think a denser mesh would help.

Attachments

• DSC01926.jpg
    DSC01926.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 298
Yeah, the spacing is a bit large for N. I don't think I've ever seen any tulle that was really suitable for N. It might exist, but the local fabric store doesn't carry it. It works great for HO scale, though.

ETA: I noticed yours is hexagonal. The stuff I got has 4-sided diamond shape. I think I got it at Hancock Fabrics.

fence.jpg

Steve S

Last edited by a moderator:
Tulle comes with kinds of hole sizes ,but you really need to go to a fabric store to buy it.Plus it is available in just about any colour you can imagine.My go to store for Tulle is JoAnne Fabric though I suspect any good fabric store would have it.

I used wedding vow fabric for n scale chain link fences I used styrene strips for the poles that held the chain link up. They looked nice when built but had a hard time getting them to stay were I wanted them. the wedding vow is plastic and so is the styrene strips I had trouble gluing them the foam on the layout. Next time I try to make them I am going to make the poles longer so I can push them into the foam.
1069945_357916791003107_1894564618_n.jpg

Back