Old timer, New member

Scootermon

Holiday Greetings! Scootermon here in the home of the Milwaukee Road.
Got started in 'model RR' with my dad getting my brother and me a Loinel train set. Not really model RR'ding but close enough that I got hooked on those cast metal engines/cars going around the track that dad had laid out after the end of WWII - approx 1947. (I said I was an old timer.)

Now, all these years later I am still tinkering with model trains. Anyone saying that model RR'ding is a lifetime hobby?

I model in N as well as some TT scale. The N layout is a 'large shelf RR' as it is 36" x 8'. The base is a layer of 2" construction pinkboard with additional layers of 2" and 1-1/2" pinkboard sculptured for hills and upper levels. Been designing layouts for many years and this freelance design is an accumulation of many ideas learned and tried as well as some thrown out over the span of time. The TT layout is basically a 'display' layout with some siding and cross-over trackage. Photos will come later as I have a running layout but no scenery what-so-ever. Anyone for pictures of a true 'from scratch' layout?

Got a new Canon Powershot SX110si camera just for RR photography. Hope to be contributing as the occasion arrises.

In the home of the Milw Road but modeling Burlington Northern

Welcome aboard, Scooter. I got hooked the same you did only it was 1951 for me but still those big Lionels running around the Plywood Pacific in the basement. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, especially from the TT diorama. You are one of the dwindling few that still has TT.

Welcome aboard, Scooter. I got hooked the same you did only it was 1951 for me but still those big Lionels running around the Plywood Pacific in the basement. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, especially from the TT diorama. You are one of the dwindling few that still has TT.

Thanks Jim,
My TT equipment is from the '70s and is from ROKAL (German). All pcs are operating including one of the 'rare' 2-piece railbus trolly units. Photos of the rolling stock comming up.

Question concerning posting photos: Best to use thumnails in the text box or post to the gallery section under my name? What is the best 3rd party posting utilities to use? Are all these kinds of answers found somewhere here in the forum/

Thanks Scootermon (Paul)
In the home of the Milw Road but modeling Burlington Northern

Scooter, you can either post thumbnails directly from your hard drive or use a web hosting site if you want to post full size pics. I use Photo Bucket and it works well. Please don't use Image Shack, which puts you through a flurry of ads and popups to see the picture.

Back