Ok, what did I do?

mike8693

Last night my locos were running fine. I went to turn them on this morning and they wouldnt move. The lights stayed on and when you told them to turn off they would stay on. I couldnt get them to move. I reset the decoders and reprogramed them but I couldnt get anything. I am using a Mrc Prodigy advanced 2 and the locos where an Athearn rs3 with a digi Dh123d decoder and an atlas silver series sd35 with a digi dz125ps decoder. Anyone know what I need to do? thanks

Boy, that's an odd one. Are you saying you were able to rest the decoders to factory default and then reprogram them to another address? If so, it sounds like the control station is working correctly and sending the right signals down the track. I can't imagine why you could reset a decoder address but not be able to control headlight status. The only advice I can give is to make sure that the track is really clean. If you have an ohmmeter, check the voltage at the track to make sure you're getting a full 16-18 volts. If all that checks out and the wiring looks OK, give MRC's tech department a call. Tehy may have anothe rfix or you may have a bum unit.

Yep the locos didnt move or turn off or on the light. To check my track work, wiring and locos, i went and hooked up the command 2000 and reprogramed it for it. it worked great. So i hooked the prodigy backup then reprogrammed it and nope didnt work. so ill tinker with it tommorrow when i have more time, if not i guess ill be contacting mrc.

Back