ok ok ok my last one....

Yer, well at least not until the girlfriend finds out how much I spent on toy trains. It stops pretty fast after that....for awhile.

Haha im sorry to hear that but I am happy to say I am really lucky to never have that problem, seeing as how my gf is into the hobby just as much as I am. I actually have to be the deciding factor in whether or not to buy things because she always says, "if you want it go for it!" lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried to get her into the hobby, or just hang out with you when you are running your trains or making things for the layout?

Lol maybe you should get her a Chessie locomotive and some cars that she can call her own since she likes cats. That might convince her to come play more often lol.

My gf really likes Chessie system. I have been getting her a collection of them for a while now. She likes the modern trains too, but Chessie is her favorite. It is nice though that we share a hobby together. She loves doing scenery and painting things and making buildings and whatnot, and I am the guy that builds the benchwork and all the electrical stuff. So it works out really nice. Plus she lets me race the cop cars around and chase people :D

Has anyone's wife or gf asked if you run them into each other like the Adams family? After I showed her the cost of my brass steamer I don't get asked THAT anymore.CF

Has anyone's wife or gf asked if you run them into each other like the Adams family? After I showed her the cost of my brass steamer I don't get asked THAT anymore.CF

Lol not here. She has bought me a MTH sound and DCC equipped loco before so she knows the cost of them. We do have a few plastic junk cars though that have, "unfortunate" stalls on the tracks sometimes :D

Back