O scale crossover HO track

You could also make one pretty easily by modifying an off-the-shelf Atlas crosssing. Simply use a razor saw to very carefully cut enough width out of the center to make one of the two tracks HO width. Then you'd only have to have find a way to transition from the HO rails to the O scale rails, which should be fairly easily. (The difference in width doesn't matter, you just need to match the inside edges...)

Here's a quick sketch showing how I'd cut the crossing. Obviously you'd want the cut to be square (I told you it was a quick sketch. ;))

To make re-assembly simple, I'd put it together on a base, either styrene or plywood etc. Instead of trying to glue the ties back together, just bond both halfs to the base, and use that to hold everything in position. You would also use the same base to line up your HO scale track, and shim up any height difference.

This modification will cut the electrical connections between the O scale rails, so you'd need to put wire jumpers in.

All in all, a fairly simple project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if there a a crossover track that crosses over O with HO?

Thanks
Baze
Are you talking about HO inside O ga. track? Like the O ga. Standard & 027 track or O track & On30 track combo's?

Back