NYC_George's layout plans

NYC_George

Do you have any more pics of the rest of the layout? I'm interested in building a two level layout and am looking for ideas, Mike

I'm sorry it took so long to get this done Mike. Here's the plans and a few photos of the layout. It's mostly sectional. It can be moved to a different location if need be. I may have to cut some track but it will come apart.
I hope this gives you some ideas on your double deck layout. The upper main line track 1 over the helix is not done yet although the layout plans show it.

NYC_George

Attachments

• NYC_Janesville_upper_level.jpg
    NYC_Janesville_upper_level.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 200
Ya I really like the layout. :) In that last picture, did you use dowels as the risers for your helix or am I not seeing that correctly? Just wondering because I might be planning to add a helix now that the water company has decided to alter my layout and trying to get as many ideas as possible. I definitely hear ya on building a sectional layout, Ill probably end up moving in 5 years or so and wanted it so I can take it apart and move it with me.
Jason

Helix threaded rods

Thanks Ken,Steve,Jason and Paul for your comments.
I used treaded rod covered with PVC plumbing pipe for the helix risers. This way any part of the helix can be adjusted by turning nuts under the sections. The Putnam county NY taxes just when up 27 percent. How long we can afford to pay this is one of the reason's I planned the layout to be sectional and not built in. I hope everyone keeps me posted on your layout progress. I usually browse all the threads and watch everyone's progress.

NYC_George

Back