NS Heritage unit SR

I'm fervently hoping that BNSF will see their way clear to do the same thing! I'd love to see any large modern power painted in the Chinese Red or blackbird scheme of the Burlington. I am, however, prepared for a long wait.:(

That green and white scheme sure does look pretty!

I'm fervently hoping that BNSF will see their way clear to do the same thing! I'd love to see any large modern power painted in the Chinese Red or blackbird scheme of the Burlington. I am, however, prepared for a long wait.:(

That green and white scheme sure does look pretty!

Why wait? Either paint up one yourself, or have someone do it for you. Sometimes you just gotta go outside the prototype and do things as if the railroad had continued as an independent.

Witness this SD-70 I drew up a long time back, just speculating if the SRR hadn't merged with the N&W.

SRRSD-70.png

I toyed with the idea of having the Burlington set in modern times but childhood memories won out for a 1960-1965ish era. I haven't ruled out at least one shiny, new Chinese Red GE unit :cool: just to satisfy my desires, but my goal right now is acquiring motive power for that era. That also means that I will not be able to run some of my rolling stock because of too modern of a design or because of RR paint scheme, merger, etc. That will allow stock cars for the first time though, something not seen on the prototypes since about the early 70's if I remember right. And as always, rules are made to be broken, at least on occasion.

Back