Northwestern Pacific Railroad Layout – NWP Shed #2

NWP Dave

Here is a shed that is nearly finished. There are a few things that need to be touched up, but for the most part it is complete. It is one of two sheds I have built for our Northwestern Pacific RR layout. Actually it is the second structure built for the layout. My cat made off with a window (probably to sell for his catnip addiction) so I had to board up one window.

Specs:
Kit - Northeastern Scale Models laser-cut wood HO scale. The footprint of the shed is 2 3/8" x 3 1/2".
Roof - Builders-in-Scale tar-paper
Details – Various manufactures from Walthers, Smoke stack – Scratch built styrene
Paint – Golden acrylics
Weathering – Micro-Mark Age-it easy, AIM weathering powders

Looks pretty nice. :) Good work.

I recently discovered that if I put a cat bed under the layout, he'll hang out there and stay (mostly) off the top. Then again, I subsidize his catnip habit. :D

NWP layout shack

Thanks for the comments.

Here is a GCLaser shack. #3 for the NWP layout. I had some troubles with this kit. It is the third structure I've built. The details are great. The press board/paper construction were not as easy for me to work with as wood. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to build these in N scale.

Kit - GCLaser West End Shack HO scale. The footprint of the shack is 2-1/4" x 2-3/8" x 2-3/8".
Roof - Kit Shingles
Paint – Golden acrylics
Weathering – AIM weathering powders

Back