Northern Arizona Railway

chrismoore93

Central Phoenix Railroad
Hi guys,
Well, I decided not to do a logging layout after all. Instead I am doing my own fictional, modern railway called the Northern Arizona Railway. It will be in a 10'x9' space outside, and will be a double deck layout. Unfortunately the
2nd deck will not even be designed until the bottom deck is near completion. The railroad is based in Flagstaff, AZ., and it's main export is copper. On the bottom deck you see mostly switching for the copper mine and the yards plus some industry. The mainlin on the bottom deck is actually a nolix going up to the forst deck. Then the mainline will probably be bigger on the top with maybe little switching, but for know here is the bottom deck!
http://www.railimages.com/gallery/album314/aae

chrismoore93 said:
Hi guys,
Well, I decided not to do a logging layout after all. Instead I am doing my own fictional, modern railway called the Northern Arizona Railway. It will be in a 10'x9' space outside, and will be a double deck layout. Unfortunately the
2nd deck will not even be designed until the bottom deck is near completion. The railroad is based in Flagstaff, AZ., and it's main export is copper. On the bottom deck you see mostly switching for the copper mine and the yards plus some industry. The mainlin on the bottom deck is actually a nolix going up to the forst deck. Then the mainline will probably be bigger on the top with maybe little switching, but for know here is the bottom deck!
http://www.railimages.com/gallery/album314/aae

Sounds great, Chris! I'm looking forward to progress reports and pics...;)

BTW, the other thread is zapped. :cool:

grande man said:
Sounds great, Chris! I'm looking forward to progress reports and pics...;)

BTW, the other thread is zapped. :cool:
Thanks for that Grande Man, I didn't realise I double posted:p I'll definately be posting pics!
Chris

Go for it Chris, a fellow has to start somewhere. I don't see any problem with just about finishing the lower section before starting the top shelf, but I'm assuming you'll senic the top before the bottom so as not to get dust and whatnot on the bottom scenery :D

13.gif
Willis

PS nice name NAR

CBCNSfan said:
but I'm assuming you'll senic the top before the bottom so as not to get dust and whatnot on the bottom scenery :D

Willis

PS nice name NAR
I never really thought about completing scenery on the top deck first:p but thank you for telling me that that would be a good thing to do:D Thank you, I gave my family members a name list for the railroad names, multiple names:D, and it turned out the Northern Arizona Railway was the winner.
Chris

A mighty fine-looking plan, I like this one better than your logging road. What is the minimum main line radius?

Hey guys!
The new progress on my layout is that, sense it is industrial, the railway will own a samll commuter line, or large. It may not be placed in Arizona due to lack of industry. Anyway I hope to start comstruction as soon as I get some wood at special lenghts. I plan to have passenger and freight services!
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
Well unfortunatley the mines in copper mines in Flagstaff have close ;) The Northern Arizona Railway can no longer haul copper. However, the Rockville Building Supply Company ,which cuts wood and makes steel for buildings, needs a railway to haul there products to Flagstaff and other areas in Rockville. Newer industries also need a mover, so the NARy jumped on this offer as well, and know hauls mixed freight throughout the entire line. The Northern Arizona Railway still does haul intermodel and TOFC though. Intermodel and TOFC are the normal freight the NARy handles. Now that they have the othe newer offers from the other industries, the NARy will continue to grow.
Well you guys this is whats new with my plans!
Thanks for reading,
Chris
P.S. For those of you wondering why Intermodel and TOFC, when I go to Flagstaff for railfanning, that is mostly what I see. I also see Mixed freight and other kinds, which is why my railroad hauls that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, once you figure out what all your lineside industries are, think about what they'll need and what they're shipping out. Then, head over to the Virtual Interchange section! Now that Brian has moved, don't know what he's got going these days...

:D

Kennedy

Back