No Luck in my Search for an O-Scale 2-Rail 2-6-0 or 2-6-2 Steamer with DCC and Sound

Brakeman Hal

This wasn't like my previous HO layout when I had a huge choice of equipment!

I would prefer a Western road name, (SF, UP, SP, GN) but will take any road as long as its either a 2-6-0 Mogul or
a 2-6-2 Prairie with DCC and Sound. (I have a Digitrax Controller).

If you can find me a Seller who has what I want in good condition, I'll mail you a check for $10.

Thanks,
Brakeman Hal

Last edited:
Rather difficult request, it seems. I don't do 2-rail O, so I don't know if there's any other secret sources out there, but the closest I can find in about 20 minutes online is an ATSF 4-6-4, appears to have DCC and sound, at The Public Delivery Track:

Allegheny Scale Models also has a brass SP M-4 class 2-6-0 listed on their website, however it's DC and unpainted.

Good luck.

With all the talent that is on this forum -- I would find a loco that I wanted and literally beg someone to add the Dcc and sound for you. I would expect to pay them the going rate for their services and mailing costs, etc.

Just seems to me that would be the way to proceed - even with an older All-Nation 2-6-2, which I assume was patterned after a Santa Fe? I'm only a hundred miles from you (road trip) and would be glad to paint and decal, but I don't know the first thing about Dcc.

Hey Skyliner and Sirfoldalot,

Thanks for the quick replies!

I checked that 4-6-4 Hudson on the PDT site, and it was used in high-speed passenger service and would look out of place hauling my local shortline freight of only 6 cars.

Another site has a 2-8-0 Consolidation, which claims to work on curves as small as 31"radius, and my layout has 42" to 50" radius curves. (See layout pic). It also has the full MTH DCS/DCC decoder and sound, but I would want to change the name on the tender, using Santa Fe stick-on road name decals which I have.

I'll consider that engine, but I'm still lookin'!

Hal
003.JPG

I'm sorry, Sherrel, but I'm so shaky now that I couldn't paint a popsicle stick, let alone an all-brass loco and tender!

The Consolidation I was considering is out too, because it's from a pre-1900 era, with tall stack and domes and simple valve gear. I know I'm being too selective (make that"picky"), but I know what I want.

Thanks again,
Hal

Hal,

Depending on your budget, you could get that brass loco and look into paying one of the talented members here to paint and decal it for you...? I've seen some amazing work posted in the past by some.

Last edited:
That's really a beautiful loco. I suggested that to him before.
I would have someone install DCC/sound in it as well!

Back