NMRA Show Detroit Pictures

Telus6429

Lets go to Art style
Well after spending an afternoon at the train show, after working this morning, and fighting border traffic going over for 30 minutes, I would have to say it was well worth the trip. I took about 400 pictures at the show, most of which were of products on display, and the layouts. Here is a few pictures my web page I created for the show.

Edit: http://www.trainweb.org/wmrc/NMRA2007/NMRA2007.html
This is a faster page, since the views were a little higher than I expected. also had to removed temporary some of my other pictures to make room for these to show everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the new Pre-Model Shelf. That is SD60M & SD60I for everyone out there. I Can't wait to see all the stuff come out painted. All they need now is the 3 Window SD60M.

I know, I've been waiting for the SD60M to make the transition from RPP to Athearn. I want some.

Wait..........is Athearn releasing a SD60M!!! How did I miss that. Is it HO scale?

Yes Smoke, check out the images I linked. They have the RPP line, which had the SD60M...

Well after spending an afternoon at the train show, after working this morning, and fighting border traffic going over for 30 minutes, I would have to say it was well worth the trip. I took about 400 pictures at the show, most of which were of products on display, and the layouts. Here is a few pictures my web page I created for the show.

Edit: http://www.trainweb.org/wmrc/NMRA2007/NMRA2007.html
This is a faster page, since the views were a little higher than I expected. also had to removed temporary some of my other pictures to make room for these to show everyone.
I was there as an exhibitor, I didn't think the show attracted alot of people this year....looking forward to iHobby in chicago.

I guess with the new 2-window variety of SD60M being (re-)released, us D&H modelers can finally have a good starting point for the SD60Ms CPRail was going to buy but never did..... Here's a scan of part of the 5 (or so) foot long painting diagram.

So would I! I've heard two things...
1 - They were supposed to be part of the SOO SD60M order.
2 - The SD60M order was actually supposed to be for the D&H and were diverted to the SOO instead.

I've never been able to find any factual information either way on the subject, unfortunetly. Moving back to the diagram, it says they were to be numbered 7901-7950.

I can't imagine the D&H having use for 50 SD60M's in the CP Rail era, but I may not be thinking about it right. Seems like trains always got 3 SD40-2s before the GE invasion, so using that number, that would mean power for 16 trains. 8 north, 8 south, I don't know about that many, but then there were the Buffalo, Bethlehem and Philadelphia trains which would also need some power... OK, I guess I can see use for 50 SD60M's now.

I wonder if there is any chance Athearn could be persuaded into doing a model based on the diagram??? Sorta like those Tower 55 fallen flag models? I swear this thing is more than 5 feet long, probably more like 6 or 7! It looks so innocent when its all rolled up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there as an exhibitor, I didn't think the show attracted alot of people this year....looking forward to iHobby in chicago.

Which booth were you?

From what folks said, attendance was less than, say, Cincy, but more than Philly......

Dunno about iHobby; some have said it took a big hit when it moved to Vegas those times......

Kennedy

So would I! I've heard two things...
1 - They were supposed to be part of the SOO SD60M order.
2 - The SD60M order was actually supposed to be for the D&H and were diverted to the SOO instead.

I've never been able to find any factual information either way on the subject, unfortunetly. Moving back to the diagram, it says they were to be numbered 7901-7950.

I can't imagine the D&H having use for 50 SD60M's in the CP Rail era, but I may not be thinking about it right. Seems like trains always got 3 SD40-2s before the GE invasion, so using that number, that would mean power for 16 trains. 8 north, 8 south, I don't know about that many, but then there were the Buffalo, Bethlehem and Philadelphia trains which would also need some power... OK, I guess I can see use for 50 SD60M's now.

I wonder if there is any chance Athearn could be persuaded into doing a model based on the diagram??? Sorta like those Tower 55 fallen flag models? I swear this thing is more than 5 feet long, probably more like 6 or 7! It looks so innocent when its all rolled up!
Heck man, go ahead and ask, its work the try. If not we've got a few custom painters in here that would be able to tackle it (including myself).

Back