Nightshoot on the Berkshire Hills Route

Orgnoi1

Railroad Photographer
I was messing around on my friends layout this weekend with a new engine I had set up for it... and decided to take some night shots....

Enjoy!

2007_09_16-R-Nightshoot01.jpg

2007_09_16-R-Nightshoot02.jpg

Very awesome shots, but no wonder they are so nice, apart from the good technique, U got a master camera Canon EOS 5D. But I didn't come to think that they were taken with 135mm. Does the Tungsten WB effect so much in lighting? The first picture has a very interesting colour effect on the box cars.

Nicely done.

Keep them comming. :)

Thanks a ton guys! I certainly am not much of a model railroader... but I can use a camera (a little...LOL)....

I actually run a photography business on the side along with the job that actually pays me...LOL

As far as technique... one thing I have learned is to use a little more of a telephoto when shooting these shots... it compresses the depth of field a bit and gives a much more realistic effect when you are dealing with lower than 1:1 scales... also with shooting so close (minimum distances on telephoto lenses) you have to deal with using as small of an aperture (large depth) as possible...especially in dealing with night shoots... so what I did is shoot bulb.... and had a person paint the scene with a light and then also paint the areas that a headlight would normally show while dim... it takes a little trial and error but you can really work into a decent shot...

Back