Newer and simpler track plan

Improvable

In an attempt to rebuild the layout I haven't touched in years, I went with something way too ambitious, which cause a few issues which I feel like would be irrelevant for this post. So today I put together a much simpler track plan for about half the space.

EZTrackO.jpg

Originally I had an 8x8 space consisting of two 4x8 plywood bases, so I decided instead of one big layout on that area, which the plywood was uneven when they connected, I would instead do two 4x8 layouts, one for O scale and the other for HO. This is the plan for the O scale track. I decided I would go with a simple loop with a siding that leads into a station (represented by the empty rectangle outline). I also included a "dead" track on the other side of the station where I would include a set of passenger cars to make it look nicer, as I did with the two dead tracks on the south side to resemble a freight yard.

I would instead do two 4x8 layouts, one for O scale .... This is the plan for the O scale track. I decided I would go with a simple loop with a siding that leads into a station (represented by the empty rectangle outline). I also included a "dead" track on the other side of the station where I would include a set of passenger cars to make it look nicer, as I did with the two dead tracks on the south side to resemble a freight yard.
Very nice. Hard to beat simplicity

You didn't ask for comment, but I would suggest moving the siding down one straight track more to the center. I always like to have some straight before the points of a turnout. Gives the equipment less chance of picking the outside point. Second, I would not include the small curve after the turnout. Just go directly to the straight track. That will give the station less of an angle, and you might even be able to make the siding one straight longer.

Very nice. Hard to beat simplicity

You didn't ask for comment, but I would suggest moving the siding down one straight track more to the center. I always like to have some straight before the points of a turnout. Gives the equipment less chance of picking the outside point. Second, I would not include the small curve after the turnout. Just go directly to the straight track. That will give the station less of an angle, and you might even be able to make the siding one straight longer.
Oh don't worry about that. I know I didn't ask for comments but I always welcome them even if I don't request them. Thanks for the feedback through.

I'd also like to add that the small curve after the switch came with the box so I decided it may be necessary, though I'll still try out the option to take it off.

Back