New trackwork.

RBMNfan

I added two turnouts to connect the other end of the drop off track. This will help work north bound traffic. The other siding is either going to be a storage track or interchange or both.
76010681b0c837fddf1cafd712b4237d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Are you laying the mainline right on the foam? Not giving it any elevation? Just wondering.

Are you laying the mainline right on the foam? Not giving it any elevation? Just wondering.
This is in the staging area. My trackwork supporting the modeled area has spread. This turnout allows access to the interchange track from the 'North' end.

The 'South' end is the old track on the visible portion of the layout. I wanted more capacity and didn't feel like tearing up the existing track to squeeze in another. So I extended the track through the backdrop into staging.

I now have plenty of capacity to interchange between the through trains and locals.
I was sticking northbound cars in industry tracks and the house track to interchange between trains. It results in less car shuffling too. Before I had to watch capacity at the industries and the interchange track. It sometimes became a unrealistic switching puzzle to get cars in and out.

Modeling the roaring 20's
President of the Lancaster Central Railroad
President of the Western Maryland Railway

Back