New to this forum

galaxy

:) Hi guys!:)
Some of you will know me well from the "other" forum or "another forum".
Just thought I'd introduce myself to y'all who don't know me. I have popped in here from time to time, but now it is official...I are one of ya'll now!

I got back into the hobby 4 years ago after a local auction house had a trains auction. WE didn't buy, but I dug out old N scale stuff from teen years after having O/O27 as a kid and early teen. I wasn't happy with the N scale pizza cutter wheels, old pick up systems, coupler system, quality of running they were running at etc.

I also always always always wanted HO {Think I wanted HO?} SO I quickly delved into HO and very quickly decided I wanted this new fangled thing called "DCC" to have control over my locos instead of track blocks, and to reduce the amount of wiring.

I have very limited space for a layout, but managed to build a 3.5 feet x 5.1 feet HO layout{yes feet-Yes HO}!! I have two interconnected ovals, a 4 short spur yard and two engine house engine service facility spurs inside the center oval. I can consist a train out of the yard and send it out to outer oval on the "main line", reload the yard, consist another train and run it on the "secondary line" inner oval, then c a r e f u l l y transfer trains from one oval to the other, and them deconsist one train, empty out the yard, and deconsist the other train in the yard, park my engines in the engine house and call it a day. It keeps me happy and keeps me from being an "armchair" modeler.

Please forgive me as I learn how to use this forum's format!

Galaxy:cool:
________
Homemade vaporizers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi G, and welcome aboard!
Wow, it sounds like you stuffed a lot of action into a small space, 3 1/2 feet with two lines?
Got any pics? We love seeing them!

Welcome to the forum.:) I'm glad to hear that you built something instead of waiting for another day to come. Sometimes that day takes a long time! Enjoy the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone here is quite nice compared to some of the 'other' forums.;)

Welcome G, As stated above we like pictures. I got back into the hobby building an HO
4X4 for my son back in the eigthies. It was a lot of fun for us, and that what counts.

It's a small world, isn't it? I am a regular on this forum as well. Glad to see you here, Galaxy. :)

Crandell

Back