New to the forum, not new to trains

cabledawg

Some of you will probably recognize me from another forum, but there are alot of you I dont know. I "transplanted" to seek out new/different ideas and meet some new folks.

A little bit about me. I was big into trains when I was younger, but due to a fire (lost almost everything we owned) and being a poor newly wed, my hobby took a backseat for several years. Fast forward to about two years ago and we had our four kids at a museum that featured a large HO scale layout. The kids we blown away and completely taken to watching the trains go round and round. I saw the opportunity to revive my hobby. Six months later, we have a small layout inthe basement and I'm diving headlong into DCC and kitbashing buildings.

Started out with a loco and a few cars on a simple oval. Now I have a plethora of cars and locos and a 16x8 u shaped layout that is about to be expanded to 25x12 multilevel in the next year. Crazy, isnt it?

Hello and welcome aboard. Sounds like you are well on your way with a good size layout in the making. Good to have you here and hope to talk with ya.

Welcome to the forum Cabledawg. This seems to be a good place to be. I know what you're saying about how crazy this can get. I'm in deep :D.

Back