New to block control please help

I was planning on using the basic atlas turntable no motorization for now, Im fine with the hand crank. And I am not using the atlas roundhouse I am making a shop using the Walthers Backshop kit. Also do I need spacers for the peco insulfrog turnouts between the turnouts. Thanks

No, you don't need to use gaps or insulated rail joiners for the Insulfrog switches. Since they are power routing, the track that's lined with the points is the only one that will get power.

Okay I ran across another problem with the Peco switches. I have looked at a few sites and I have found that some sites list Electrofrog turnouts as power routing and some have Insulfrog listed as power routing. I was just wondering before I bought them. I was also wondering if any special wiring was needed to hook up the power routing turnouts other than the 2 track power leads(one for each rail). Thanks

OK, I've messed you up. The Insulfrog switches have plastic frogs and are not power routing. The Electrofrog has a metal frog and is power routing. It's the Electrofrog that you want. I think everyone gets confused by those two names. I wish they'd come up another description.

You don't need any special wiring at all since the power is routed by the points. The only time you'd have to run additional wiring is if you want to supply power to the non-powered route for some reason. In that case, you'd run two leads for the power bus to the first track section beyond the switch.

Back