philnymark

Hello to all,
My name is Phil Nymark. I have been involved in model railroad all my life as my dad was very involved since I was born. I started to build my own layouts over twenty years ago and consider myself to be an intermediate modeler. I started in HO, but bought my home which was better set up for N scale. I have a pretty decent N scale layout with lots of operation, three reverse loops, and the ability to run two trains on connected mainlines. I also am involved in Garden RR and plan on building that in the not too distant future. I am happy to be on this forum because so often I have questions that I need help with and the expertise of those more knowledgeable than me. Thanks for reading and letting me join!

Much appreciated,
Phil

Welcome to the Forum Phil, great bunch of knowledgeable modellers here, would it be possible to share some photos of your N scale layout, as we're avid enthusiasts of other modeller's work.
Hi Smudge617, Thanks for replying and great to hear from you. I will post some photos although my layout is a work in progress and not up to the great photos I have seen here already. I worked and reworked my track plan and am very happy with it. I really need to get the basic scenery finished and redo the wiring. It runs though, and I have fun running trains and trying to avoid head ons. I just got my Broadway Limited E6 A/B Santa Fe back from service and also bought a Kato ALC-42, in which I installed a TCS decoder. I have a number of other engines, mostly Kato but a couple of Atlas SD's as well. I built this layout a number of years ago but left it sitting for a few years too and am happy to get it running and working out the kinks. This seems like a really good forum and I am so happy I joined!

Glad to be here.
Welcome, we are glad to have you join us!

Here is an example of how old I'm getting. I misread your name to be PhillyMark. My first thought, "I hope he doesn't throw hotdogs" 😁

"Dollar Dog Night was first introduced in 1997 at Veterans Stadium, the former home of the Phillies. The promotion featured $1 hot dogs and was a popular event for fans. At times it became rowdy however, with some incidents in which fans tossed hot dogs at players." NBC Channel 10 Philadelphia.

Last edited:
Welcome, we are glad to have you join us!

Here is an example of how old I'm getting. I misread your name to be PhillyMark. My first thought, "I hope he doesn't throw hotdogs" 😁

"Dollar Dog Night was first introduced in 1997 at Veterans Stadium, the former home of the Phillies. The promotion featured $1 hot dogs and was a popular event for fans. At times it became rowdy however, with some incidents in which fans tossed hot dogs at players." NBC Channel 10 Philadelphia.
We have snow balls

Back