New Member, and New to Model Railroading!

2-8-1

I'm a newcomer to the model railroading hobby. I've recently started collecting steam era locomotives that interest me, such as the Pennsylvania K4, the Norfolk and Western J4-8-4 and the 2-8-0 Consolidation in Southern Green, interestingly enough, I also have a GE 70 Ton diesel that perplexes me, but that is for another thread. I also plan to start a small layout, nothing too big for now though. So far, all of my models are Bachmann, HO scale.

I thought I would stop buy and say hello, possibly get some tips and pick your minds!

-Aaron

Thanks for the welcome guys! This is but one of my hobbies, hopefully I can get my better half interested in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other hobbies? Well my top two are target shooting (which I just finished a semester long quality project on) and auto racing (which I compete in, on an amateur level). A close third would be fishing, specifically for largemouth bass, and fly fishing for panfish, bar none the single best way to relax. I also bike some, but since I moved into a more urban area, it's more difficult to find decent trails.

Also, soon to be my profession, anything and everything about computers, networking, and the IT field.

1999 Mustang GT, and 1/4 mile gambler's usually, local track. I've ran at Beech Bend some, but it's really not a sticky track. A few Auto-X's as well locally.

No teams or anything like that, simple drag racing and the occasional autocross.

Nice! I used to do autocross, but switched to road racing. Our Chief of Tech is big into drag racing, also our local cage (and other stuff) fabricator - http://www.hanksvillehotrods.com. Where are you from? I live ~2 miles from Bandimere Speedway. I make it a habit to go to Mile High Nationals every couple of years. Love feeling the power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from a small town called Somerset, in southern Kentucky, but I currently live in Berea, in central Kentucky, to facilitate attending EKU. Beech Bend, where NMCA and NMRA finals are (were?) held is a couple hours drive, and I usually hit it a couple times a year, there is a couple closer strips that I frequent, and one of those is sponsored by a web forum that I help Administer.

There are some autocross events held each year in Richmond at EKU and in Lexington, so I try to make it to those, other than that though I don't race nearly as much as I did when I was younger. I'm looking to purchase a newer car to daily drive though, and I may get into some more autocross with it, we'll see I guess.

Back