New layout (progress photo's...)

tenwheeler

After tearing out my old layout, I have been working away on the new one... but once my small train room had it's benchwork cleared out, I thought I would correct all those little details that bugged me for so long.

First off, I had a 2 bulb florescent fixture that didn't throw enough light, so I replaced that with two 4 bulb units with photo quality lights; then I put in a new "panoramic" background all around the room, and even trimmed the ceiling. I finally got the benchwork up, followed by the foam boards, and a second set of background panels (brown masonite...) to be used as the back of the hills & mountains around the layout.

These photos should give you the general idea of what has been done so far, now I have to trace the outline of my "hills" on the brown panels, get my RotoZip out an cut off the excess. The big hurtle after that, will be building a lift-up, or a "swing-up" section for the room's doorway area.

Suggestions and comments welcome... Bob

I just came across this one on "the Tube", and since I have a Campbell's kit double track bridge that I plan to use in a lift-up or swing-up section in front of the doorway to the train room, the one shown in the video really caught my eye.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this bridge was "wired" in this video. It doesn't show any disconnect or re-connect occurring... maybe it is done with "contact type" connectors???

Any ideas on this one..... Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7EgFBxV94

Last edited by a moderator:

Back