New Guy Layout Plan

Cujo

Been lurking around reading all the good information here, first of all thanks to the posters for providing a great resource. Background for my question...I'm looking into modeling a German passenger rail (haven't seen anyone here doing DeustcheBundesban DB). My wife and I lived in Germany in the early 90's and loved traveling around by train. Haven't had the opportunity here in the states yet. We used to get up on Saturday morning and go to the Bahnhof (station) to catch the next train out, not caring which direction it was going! Anyway, I'm looking to build a DCC layout in N scale with peco track my bar/office and would like your advice. What do you think of this trackplan? I'm thinking N because I have to work around my built-ins and have some tight curves 10" on the mainline, 9 on spurs. I'll take all advice/constructive criticism. Thanks in advance for help.

Mike

It looks like a great plan for what you want to do. You've even got a nice wye track built in to turn trains. 10" curves on the mainline are my only concern. They are pretty sharp for passenger length equipment. N scale tends to be built to take sharper curves so I'll let another N scaler comment as to whether or not that's something that needs to be worked on. Otherwise, I think you have the start to a real conversation piece.

cujo
that is a real nice lay out. the only thing i would do if possable
is at the end of the two outer most tracks on the right side is
put a loop. IF you have the room to do so. i'm thinking this way
the train could just keep running the outer loop until you want to
switch tracks and run station to station

Thanks Bigford, I originally had a loop there but it made a couple of my station spurs too short. I'll rethink it for sure.

mike

Back